Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jerusalem-the city of GOD

JERUSALEM, THE CITY OF GOD

The Bible says, “I, (God) have chosen Jerusalem, that My name may be there forever, and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually, in Jerusalem, which I have chosen, I will put My name forever”. (2 Chronicles 6:6, 7:16, 33:7)

Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, in the city of our God, beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, is Mount Zion, the city of the great King, God will establish it forever. Walk about Zion (Jerusalem), and go all around her, count her towers, mark well her bulwarks, consider her palaces, that you may tell it to the generation following, for this is God, our God forever and ever. (Psalm 48:1-2, 8, 12-14).

For the Lord has chosen Zion, He has desired it for His dwelling place. (Psalm 132:13).

If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning. If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth, if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. (Psalm 137:5-6).

For those who boast of sophisticated intellects and deny that the Bible is true, what possible explanation is there for the reality of Hezekiah’s tunnel? Plainly recorded in Scripture (2 Kings 20:20, 2 Chronicles 32:30), the tunnel was rediscovered by archaeologists in 1880. The “Siloam Inscription” commemorating the breakthrough in the tunnel by the workers, states: The tunneling was completed, while the hewers wielded the ax, each man toward his fellow, there was heard a man’s voice calling to his fellow, the hewers hacked each toward the other, ax against ax, and the water flowed from the spring to the pool, a distance of 1,200 cubits.

No comments: